- Combine two best-selling Zurich tours for a discounted price
- Take an afternoon trip to the magnificent Rhine Falls, Europe’s largest falls
- Visit Laufen Castle to admire the falls and enjoy an optional boat ride (Summer months only) up to the cascades
- Enjoy a walking tour of medieval Stein am Rhein, famous for its fresco-painted, half-timbered buildings
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The official departure point for all tours departing from Zürich is Sihlquai Bus Terminal, close to Zürich’s main train station (Zürich HB). Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to tour start at the white ticket office marked with “Best of Switzerland Tours” or “City Tours & Excursions”.
What To Expect
Your sightseeing begins in central Zurich when you meet your guide and explore the main landmarks by air-conditioned coach. Learn about Zurich’s history and hear fascinating tales about the sights from your informative guide. See the Bahnhofstrasse, one of Europe’s most prestigious shopping boulevards; pass Zurich Opera House and the National Museum, and view institutions where Albert Einstein taught.
Admire the medieval Old Town, home to St. Peter’s Church and the Fraumunster church, whose stained glass windows were designed by Marc Chagall. Have your camera ready as you ride the Dolderbahn rack railway up Zurichberg hill, overlooking the city. View the grand mansions and luxury hotels of this plush neighborhood and absorb the stellar views over the city. Your tour then ends at the start point, leaving you free time for lunch (own expense) or to stroll independently before your afternoon tour.
Rhine Falls and Stein am Rhein Tour:
Meet your guide in central Zurich and travel by coach through picturesque Swiss wine country and pastures to Laufen Castle, overlooking the Rhine Falls. Dip into the castle exhibition, behold the 75-foot (23-meter) high waterfalls from the observation points and glass elevator, and perhaps take an optional boat trip (June to August only) close to the tumbling cascades.
After time at leisure, continue via Schaffhausen, home to the imposing, 16th-century Munot Fortress, to Stein am Rhein. On arrival, enjoy a short walking tour of the cobbled Old Town, famous for its well-preserved medieval houses, many coated in ornate frescoes. Observe the painted frontages as your guide shares the story of the buildings, and, after free time to wander on your own, end your tour with a drop-off in central Zurich.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands