Explore our promoted experiences
- Winter day trip from Zurich to Mount Rigi in the Swiss Alps
- Guided coach tour includes rides in a cable car and on a cogwheel train
- Boat ride to Lucerne
- Two hours of free time to explore Old Town
- Pickup and drop-off at the Sihlquai Bus Terminal
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The official departure point for all tours departing from Zürich is Sihlquai Bus Terminal, close to Zürich’s main train station (Zürich HB). Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to tour start at the white ticket office marked with “Best of Switzerland Tours” or “City Tours & Excursions”.
What To Expect
Gasp as you rest your eyes on striking, snow-smothered panoramas of the Swiss Alps. Scour the scenery for thirteen lakes and inhale fresh mountain air during your leisurely free time at the highest point of Mount Rigi. Descend the steep mountainside by Europe’s first cogwheel train, and then climb aboard an awaiting boat for a tranquil ride to Lucerne.
On arrival, set out to see the city’s historical highlights independently, strolling through the Old Town and visiting an ambient café for coffee (own expense). Reconvene with your guide and group at a prearranged time and location, then relax during the journey back to Zurich, where the tour concludes.
Please see the Itinerary section for additional information regarding guided and self-guided tour elements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- From 01 - 22 Apr 2022 and 21 Nov - 2 Dec 2022, the round-trip up and down Mt Rigi will be by cogwheel train due to cable car maintenance.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Great to travel by boat, cable car and cogwheel train." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews