- Full-day private tour of Whitby and the North Yorkshire Moors from York
- Explore the famous seaside town of Whitby on England’s northeast coast
- Soak up the scenery with a ride on the North York Moors steam railway
- Visit picturesque Yorkshire towns such as Helmsley, Pickering, and Hutton-le-Hole
- Great-value tour includes hotel pickup and entrance fees
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Your private tour can be customized to your preferences, so you can choose to stop at the market town of Helmsley, visit the pretty village of Hutton-le-Hole, or take a walk across the heather blanketed moors. After around an hour drive, arrive in Whitby, one of England’s most popular seaside resorts, where you’ll have plenty of time to explore both with and without your guide.
Perhaps visit the Captain James Cook Memorial Museum or the Dracula Experience Museum (entrance fees not included); take a boat cruise from the harbor (own expense); or tuck into a delicious fish and chips lunch (own expense) at the famous Magpie Café.
Continue to the moorland town of Goathland, famous as the filming location for popular British TV series ‘Heartbeat’. The town’s other claim to fame is its train station, better known as 'Hogsmeade Station' from the Harry Potter movies. It’s here that you’ll bid your guide farewell and board the North York Moors steam railway for a thrilling ride across the moors.
Your guide will be waiting for you on arrival in Pickering to take you back to York. You will be dropped off at your hotel around 5pm.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- The itinerary on this private tour can be customised to your preferences
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Grand Yorkshire Limited
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Private Day Trip to Whitby and the North York Moors from York.