9 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Venture into the wild and windswept lands of the North York Moors on this full-day tour from York. Drive through the countryside to reach North York Moors National Park and enjoy a walk amongst nature. Learn the legacy of Dracula and Captain James Cook in the seaside resort of Whitby. Next, spot filming locations from British TV series 'Heartbeat' and the Harry Potter movies in Goathland, where you board the famous North Yorkshire Moors steam railway for a spectacular ride home.
- Comprehensive introduction to the Yorkshire Moors for first-time visitors
- Explore North Yorkshire towns like Whitby and Goathland
- Hear tales of ghosts, Dracula and Captain Cook in beautiful Whitby
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized tour
- Take an unforgettable ride on the North Yorkshire Moors steam railway
- Travel by comfortable air-conditioned minibus
Saved to wishlist!
Live commentary on board
Transport by climate-controlled minivan
Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Entrance fees to optional attractions in Whitby and Helmsley
Ticket for the steam train journey - your guide will organise tickets for the steam train and take payment (£10 - £12) during the tour
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointYork YO1 7EF, UK
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We guarantee you the chance to ride across the moors by steam train, or we will pay for your ticket. If necessary, we will adjust the order of the day's itinerary to ensure we can ride on a steam train. On the incredibly rare occasions that we are not able to travel by steam train (due to a breakdown) the rail journey may be operated by a heritage diesel train. If this happens, we will pay for your train ticket!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Grand Yorkshire Limited
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 13131P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ToursBus ToursNature and WildlifeHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingYorkRail Tours - YorkshireBus Tours - YorkshireNature and Wildlife - YorkshireHistorical Tours - YorkshireFull-day Tours - YorkshireRail Tours - MiddlesbroughBus Tours - MiddlesbroughNature and Wildlife - MiddlesbroughHistorical Tours - MiddlesbroughFull-day Tours - MiddlesbroughRail Tours - ManchesterBus Tours - ManchesterNature and Wildlife - ManchesterHistorical Tours - ManchesterFull-day Tours - ManchesterCategory
York Castle MuseumYork MazeMerchant Adventurers' HallYorkshire Museum of FarmingJorvik DigYork BreweryYork's Chocolate StoryYorkshire MuseumJorvik Viking CentreTreasurer's HouseYork Army MuseumFairfax HouseNational Railway MuseumYork Cold War BunkerBeningbrough HallNorth Yorkshire Moors RailwayMansion HouseBarley HallClifford's TowerHenry VII Experience at Micklegate Bar