- 6.5-hour Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum trip from Xi’an
- View the ancient UNESCO-listed clay army in the flesh
- Gaze at the rows of infantry and cavalry soldiers in excavated pits
- See the bronze chariots and artefacts in the Multi-Exhibition Hall
- Visit a terracotta figure factory and try carving your own soldier
- Learn how and why the 3rd-century BC warriors were made
- Air-conditioned transport, entrance fees, lunch, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Pickup is available for hotels within 2nd ring road of Xian city. If your hotel beyond the range, please come to Bell Tower Hotel to meet the group.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On route, learn about these extraordinary ancient clay warriors, one of the world’s most important archaeological discoveries. Found by farmers in 1974, this vast army of soldiers and chariots was created in the 3rd century BC to accompany China’s first emperor, Qin Shi Huang, into the afterlife. The figures were buried alongside him and consist of thousands of sculptures, each with individual features, uniforms, and postures.
Before visiting the museum, stop at a terracotta figurine factory specializing in the reproduction of the clay warriors. Watch the artisans crafting the miniature statues and take the opportunity to try carving a figurine for yourself.
Then, continue to the museum and marvel at the rows of more than 7,000 sculptures. See Pit 1, the largest of the excavated pits and home to around 6,000 soldiers, and view Pits 2 and 3, with their cavalry and infantry units and officers. Then, admire the bronze horse-pulled chariots and other artefacts at the museum’s Multi-Exhibition Hall. Enjoy a delicious Chinese-style lunch before concluding the tour with hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- You will be contacted at least one day ahead of the travel day via email to advise the pickup info. The tour guide will also call you or leave you a message through your hotel room the night before tour about pickup time.
- Offered pickup/drop-off service is available for hotels within 2nd ring road of Xian city. If your hotel beyond the range, please make your own way to Xian Bell Tower Hotel to meet the group.
- You are suggested to wear comfortable shoes on tour day.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please leave a note when booking if you have any special requirement about the tour, such as diet.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY China Travel Service
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms