8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Discover the unique earth buildings or ‘tulous’ of the Nanjing and Yongding provinces on a private day trip from Xiamen, with lunch included. With a knowledgeable guide, head into China’s countryside to experience these spectacular soil- and clay-built UNESCO-listed fort-villages, constructed by the Hakka peoples. Dating from medieval times, these mostly round buildings were designed to house different clans, while staying cool in summer and warm in winter. Head inside different ‘tulous’ and admire their decorative architecture as your guide provides fascinating insight into their history and weather-proof, multi-storied design.
- Nanjing and Yongding earth houses day trip from Xiamen, with air-conditioned transport
- Learn about the UNESCO-listed ‘tulous’ buildings, constructed from medieval times by China’s Hakka peoples
- Visit several ‘tulous’ to witness their ingenious and weather-proof concentric-ring design
- Admire the intricate architecture, single entrance gates and open, central halls
- Discover how the soil- and –clay structures stay warm in winter and cool in summer
- Refuel with a Chinese lunch at a popular local restaurant
- Enjoy the undivided attention of a private guide, with personalized commentary
Saved to wishlist!
Friendly and experienced English-speaking tour guide
Lunch at a local restaurant.
Hotel pickup and transfer by air-conditioned vehicle.
Entrance fee to the tulou village.
Optional items or anything else not specifically mentioned.