Explore our promoted experiences
- 60-minute guided tour of Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
- Get an overview of the museum’s extensive collections from your expert guide
- Learn about Maori cultural traditions, art and history
- Marvel at the largest and only colossal squid on display in the world
- See rare objects from the voyages of Captain James Cook
- Spend extra time at Te Papa and admire the work of New Zealand artists and photographers
- Includes admission to the museum and guided tour
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Choose from several tour times throughout the day and make your way to the contemporary museum housed in a state-of-the-art building. You’ll meander through intriguing art and design galleries; learn the history of Maori and other Pacific cultures that came into contact with Captain Cook; view photography and natural science displays such as the giant squid; and come face to face with high-tech interactive exhibits.
Use your admission ticket to browse the museum further on your own. Stay as long as you like; one can easily spend several hours delving into the exhibitions, gift shop and on-site cafes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Small-Group tour limited to 15 people
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms