Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Half-day tour of DC landmarks and memorials
- Reserved entry to the U.S. Capitol Building
- See presidential and military landmarks
- Perfect for first-time visitors
Departure & Return
Library of Congress - Thomas Jefferson Building (in front of Neptune Fountain)
U.S. Navy Memorial Plaza
What To Expect
After passing through security, watch a brief orientation film and explore the building with your guide, walking through the Crypt, Rotunda, and the National Statuary Hall. When the tour of the U.S. Capitol Building concludes, board a climate-controlled shuttle bus for a trip down the National Mall, a National Park lined with memorials and landmarks. Stop to see the White House from the North Lawn, and take in some of the most important memorials to presidents, national leaders, the military, and fallen soldiers.
Tour the National WWII Memorial and the monumental Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, then continue to the Lincoln Memorial to climb the famous steps to the President’s statue. See a moving tribute to the armed forces at the Korean War Veterans Memorial and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, then finish the day at the U.S. Navy Memorial, a centrally-located landmark that’s just off the National Mall.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Involves a moderate amount of walking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels are welcome as long as someone accompanying the passenger using it can assist them board and disembark
- Entrance to the U.S. Capitol Building requires a security scan/check similar to TSA (airport-style security)
- Please let us know if you or anyone in your party has titanium body parts so that we can alert Capitol Police prior to entering security screening
- Capitol Hill parking is very limited; taking a taxi/car service or public transportation to the start of the tour is advised
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to tour departure for check in and security
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- To encourage social distancing and to allow for additional space - all tour vehicles are running at 75% of the max allowable capacity
- Most travelers can participate
- No food allowed on buses (snacks are fine!)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY USA Guided Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Deluxe Half Day Tour of DC with Reserved US Capitol Entry.