- Hike on a glacier instead of just stopping by for a look
- Explore Sólheimajökull with a guide, who takes you to easily find ice formations, crevasses, and cauldrons
- All safety equipment and crampons are included
- This tour is offered several times daily, and fits easily into your vacation schedule
Departure & Return
Please be at location 20 minutes before departure. Meet us at our base at Sólheimajökull Parking Lot. Driving time from Reykjavík is 2.5 hours. Drive along Road 1 on the South Coast, then take a left turn on Road 221. After ca. 5 minute drive, you will reach the starting point.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring good, hiking shoes (high on the ankle), warm and waterproof clothing, hat and gloves.
- A small amount of walking is involved (about an hour on the glacier itself, with multiple stops)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Icelandic Mountain Guides
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms