- Half-day whale-watching tour from Vancouver
- Board a comfortable vessel equipped with several viewing areas
- Explore the waters for sightings of whales, seabirds and other marine life
- Gain insight into the local geology and marine life from your crew
- Enjoy beautiful views of the Gulf Islands, San Juan Islands and Howe Sound
- Choose from several departure times to suit your schedule
Departure & Return
Please remember to check-in 30 minutes before your adventure, At 1666 Duranleau st on Granville Island behind Bridges restaurant. We will not hold the boat for late guests.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
The tour departs from Granville Island, near downtown Vancouver. Step aboard the Salish Sea Dream, a 80-foot catamaran built for whale watching and designed to minimize its ecological footprint.
Have your camera out and ready as you scan the waters for different species of whales, as well as an array of seabirds and other marine life.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, an alternative or full refund will be offered
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed with proper documentation and life jacket
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 95 travelers
- OPERATED BY Prince of Whales Whale & Marine Wildlife Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Half-Day Whale Watching Adventure from Vancouver.
- "It was a little cold (even in June) so make sure you bring appropriate gear." See review