Explore our promoted experiences
- Food walking tour of The Hague
- Learn about The Hague’s history and delicious gastronomy from a local guide
- Enjoy several food stops in beloved local bakeries, cafes, shops and pubs
- Taste a scrumptious savory or sweet dish or drink at each stop and discover its history
- Experience the fun, cozy atmosphere the Dutch call ‘gezelligheid,’ as you taste, walk and talk
- Get insider tips on eateries and local foods from a knowledgeable guide
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people for a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
We will meet at the palace square in front of the main entrance of Palace Noordeinde, specifically around the big old tree and the statue in front of the palace. Please use the address for navigating towards the palace square. You will recognise your guide with the sign of our logo.
What To Expect
Delve into the pretty streets and squares, and walk by some of The Hague’s landmarks as you work your way to the different food stops. See the Noordeinde Palace and Binnenhof, the courtyard surrounded by parliamentary buildings; and pass a few tucked-away gems, giving you an insight into the city’s historical diversity.
As you walk, hear fun tales about Dutch culture and gastronomy, and visit some thriving food spots to sample their wares. Call at aromatic bakeries, cafes, food shops and quaint pubs, many artisanal in nature; each of them chosen for the quality of its offerings.
At each stop, run your palate by a delicious savory snack, sweet treat or drink. Hear about its history from your guide, and chat to the proprietors to discover the people and stories behind each venue. Swap thoughts with your fellow food-lovers and, as your tour progresses, experience what the locals call gezelligheid — the feeling of fun, warm conviviality that’s fundamental to Dutch culture.
Afterwards, head back to the start point, where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian available on request (please request at time of booking)
- Gluten free available on request (please request at time of booking)
- Wheelchair accessible on request
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Bites & Stories
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands