- Visit the Hobbiton movie sets on a shore excursion
- Explore Hobbit holes, visit Bag End, the Party Tree and more
- Finish the tour with a complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn
- All entrance fees and round-trip port transportation included
Departure & Return
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hobbiton is open to the elements, and tours operate in all weather conditions (sun protection is recommended). Umbrellas are available for rain and shine.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Due to uneven surfaces and some steep inclines this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Please check with us before booking if you are unsure if the tour will be suitable.
- The vehicle size is usually 24-35 seats (smaller than the cruise lines), although smaller minivans are often used. Having 24-34 customers allows us to (usually) book a tour guide at Hobbiton just for us! This avoids the masses on the public tours that other companies use.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This tour runs with a minimum of 4 fare paying passengers. We will advise on the day if the minimum hasn't been met, and offer alternative options if necessary
- Please purchase a ticket for all travelers in your group - including 'purchasing' a ticket for all infants. NZ transport law requires us to count all heads on board. One child or infant max per adult ticket.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour is for passengers arriving on a cruise ship into the Port of Tauranga
- This is a Pre Booked Tour Only!
- No sales on the Day of this Tour!
- 10am is the regular tour start time. This may be adjusted for early/late arriving cruise ships. We will advise any time change at the time of booking
- Please ensure you provide a contact phone number and/or email address that you will have with you and/or checking whilst on holiday so any last minute tour time changes can be notified
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- OPERATED BY Shore Trips and Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Even if you have not seen the movie, it is still worth the visit." See review
- "It is well worth a visit if you are a Lord of the Rings or Hobbit fan." See review
- "Nice stop at the Honey place, and honey ice cream, and a short stop in the little town of Mattamatta before getting to Hobbiton Visitor Centre around 12:25." See review