- Full-day tour to the German town of Freiburg and Black Forest from Strasbourg, with your own private guide
- See top Freiburg attractions including its towering Minster, Kafhaus and cobbled plazas on a guided walking tour
- Enjoy free time in the town to explore on your own and relax over lunch (own expense)
- Follow a scenic route through the pinewoods and villages of the stunning Black Forest
- Receive the full attention of your guide on this private tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from your centrally located Strasbourg accommodation.
What To Expect
Freiburg is an historic university town inside one of Germany’s main wine-growing regions and not far from the Black Forest. After you arrive, you’ll follow your guide on a walking tour around the town. Pass stately townhomes as you walk through cobblestoned streets and squares, hearing about Freiburg’s history and architecture dating back to the 11th century.
Admire the Freiburg Minster — the town’s majestic sandstone cathedral — that overlooks Münsterplatz square. Take in the impressive sight, with the decorative doorway and many spires and carved gargoyles looking down. Wander the narrow streets around the cathedral to see things like the arcades of the Kaufhaus and the little brooks running near the Minster.
Spend some time seeing Freiburg at your leisure after your walking tour, during which you can do some shopping or get some lunch (own expense) before getting back into the minivan for the next part of your tour.
Drive through the beautiful Black Forest, passing through dense forested areas to see storybook hamlets tucked deep inside. Learn from your guide how this area served as the inspiration for many of the fairy tales penned by the Brothers Grimm. There are plenty of photo-worthy sights along the scenic drive, so keep your camera handy.
After a drive through the Black Forest, head back to Strasbourg. Your tour ends when you’re dropped off again at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that the infant seats are available upon request, please inform us at the moment of the booking (number and age of the children)
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour requires minimum 2 adults to operate
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY OPHORUS Excursions Tours in France
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Germany Freiburg & Black Forest Private Day Trip from Strasbourg.