- Viking history tour from Stockholm
- Activities for the whole family
- Small group of 15 people or fewer
- Round-trip transportation from central Stockholm meeting point
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We offer hotel pick up at all central hotels, ports and other accommodations within 5km from Stockholm central station. If you're in old town where it is not possible to get in by car we may ask you to walk a few minutes to another location where we pick you up. If you are outside the pick up zone we will give you directions to a meeting place. If you are unsure if you're in or out please email us..
Pick up normally starts at 09.00 or 09.30. For the shorter tours 3-5h 09.30 is the normal pick up time. For the longer tours, 8h:s, 09.00 is our usual pick up time for the first guests. We will be in touch two days in advance of a public tour with your final starting time, if you want to know in beforehand or want that we arrange a fixed time for you please contact us by email.
In wintertime we may due to the low light time ask if it is possible for you to do a earlier starting time (if not we do the set time of the tour) but than we contact well in advance of your date.
If your tour departs from the cruise pier:
If your ship arrives at S165 and S167 STADSGÅRDEN: Please walk a few hundred meters away from your ship while following the BLUE/GREEN lines. Go past the fences and guards, and your guide will wait there, with a sign saying "Viking Tours" on an A4-paper. NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in STADSGÅRDEN than S165 or S167 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour.
If your ship arrives at F638 FRIHAMNEN: Upon debarking the ship, please go through the terminal building. Once you go past the sliding doors (everyone else that departs the ship will walk out this way), the guide will meet you just outside the sliding doors. The guide will be holding an A4-paper saying "Viking Tours". NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in FRIHAMNEN than F638 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour.
If your ship arrives at V523 VÄRTAHAMNEN: Walk from your ship towards the tourist buses, which is less than 10 meters from the ship hull. The guide will wait for you at the tourist bus area, near the buses, with an A4-paper, which says "Viking Tours." The guide will then direct you to the tour vehicle. NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in VÄRTAHAMNEN than V523 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour.
If your Ship Arrives at NYNÄSHAMN: NO PICK UP INCLUDED HERE. That due to it being 50km away from Stockholm central station. We recomend you to contact and with us decide a meeting place in Central Stockholm. We will give directions how to go there either by train or that take one of the cruise busses going from the harbour into Stockholm.
If you are unsure of which pier your ship is arriving at, please check with the cruise line.
- NO PICK UP IN Nynäshamn Harbour (meeting direction to central location in Stockholm given)
What To Expect
Stop first at Broby, a Viking graveyard, to learn about the only identified Viking woman's skeleton in Sweden, well-known as Estrid. Cross the 495-foot (150-meter) Jarlabanke's bridge, built by the powerful Viking leader centuries ago. Listen to a message written on a rune stone that flanks the bridge; your guide will read it out loud in Old Norse.
At the Viking parliament, imagine the powerful leaders making important decisions on that very spot. Continue to Vallentuna church to see a famous collection of Jarlabanke's rune stones.
At the end of your tour, return to central Stockholm for drop-off at your departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic condition.
- If your hotel is too far from the Stockholm central station (over 5km away), you will be given a meeting point that is simple to get to
- Minimum numbers apply, minimum 2 persons to run this tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Please contact us in advance if any child in your reservation is less than 5 years old in order to ensure a booster/child seat is available.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sweden History Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Viking History Small Group Trip from Stockholm Including the Runic Kingdom: Short Day.