- 1-hour Christmas walking tour of Stockholm with an expert local guide
- Stroll around Gamla Stan, Stockholm’s Old Town, and soak up the magical winter atmosphere
- Visit three public squares that are steeped in history: Stortorget, Järntorget and Brända Tomten
- Learn about Swedish Christmas celebrations like the Feast of Santa Lucia
- Enjoy a mug of glögg (hot spiced wine) and gingerbread cookies at the end of your tour
Departure & Return
Järntorget, next to the Christmas tree in the middle of the square - located in the Old Town. We suggest wearing warm and comfortable shoes and clothes in many layers since the majority of this tour is outdoors. Please be at the departure point 5 minutes early to check-in for your tour.
What To Expect
As you stroll down the cobblestone streets amongst the festive twinkling lights, listen to your guide talk about some of Sweden's winter legends and holiday celebrations, like the Feast of Santa Lucia. Stop at Järntorget, one of the most important centers of trade in the 14th century, and Brända Tomten, an unusual triangular-shaped public space that connects many of the neighborhood's narrow alleys.
Back at Stortorget, sit with your guide to ask questions and try some traditional pepparkakor and glögg (gingersnaps and mulled wine). Your tour ends here, and you are free to explore festive, snowy Gamla Stan on your own.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- The majority of this tour takes place in areas where you will have to walk on cobblestones.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY OURWAY Tours in Stockholm
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms