- 2-hour historical Segway tour of St Petersburg
- Coast along Tampa Bay, pass the St Petersburg Pier, and cruise by Victorian homes
- Visit numerous historic sites including where the world's first commercial plane took off from
- Learn about the history of the area’s former Tocobagan Indians, whose princess inspired the Disney story of Pocahontas
- Choice of several departure times throughout the day
- Small-group tour limited to seven people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Meet at the front entrance of the Museum of History.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your tour begins at North Straub Park with a brief but thorough training session to make sure everyone feels comfortable and knowledgeable about their Segway. A helmet and safety equipment, plus bottled water and an audio headset are provided.
With the training out of the way, it’s time to hit the open road.
On this 2-hour Segway tour around St Petersburg, cruise along Bay Shore Drive next to Tampa Bay, past Victorian-style homes to the downtown area. Learn about the history and culture of the Tocobaga Indians, who lived in small villages at the northern end of Tampa Bay from the year 900 to the 1500s. It is believed that their princess was the inspiration for Disney’s story of Pocahontas.
Then visit the spot where the world’s first commercial flight took off — the St Petersburg-Tampa Airboat Line on January 1, 1914. See pictures of the pilot, Tony Jannus, as well as the aircraft he used on that first flight. Continue down to St Petersburg Pier, a landmark and tourist spot that extends into Tampa Bay. Learn about its development and importance to the city and check out the once-endangered brown pelicans mixing with the locals and diving into the water for food.
Finally, return to North Straub Park to conclude the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- Minimum weight requirement is 100 lbs (45 kg) and maximum recommended weight limit is 300 lbs (136 kg)
- All riders must be at least 11 years of age
- All riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent
- Comfortable shoes without heels and weather appropriate clothing is recommended
- Due to safety concerns we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- 24 hour cancellation policy
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY Doos Amazing Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Saint Petersburg Historic Segway Tour.
- "This is a must if you like to ride segways (or want to try something new)." See review