2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Learn about Saint Catherine of Siena, the patron Saint of Italy and Europe, on a 2-hour tour of her hometown. Visit landmarks such as the birthplace of Saint Catherine in Siena, and sacred sites related to her life. Your guide shows you where she worked, studied, and was buried, and shares commentary about her importance.
- Explore Sienna through the lens of Saint Catherine
- Hear insightful commentary from the guide
- Learn about Saint Catherine's life and legacy
- See places that most visitors miss
Saved to wishlist!
Professional local guide
3 hours private guided tour
Visit of the Basilica of San Domenico, Sanctuary of St. Catherine (interior), Baptistery (exterior)
Discover the holy relic of the head of the Saint
only if required:Ticket Santa Maria della Scala (9 € for adults, discounts for groups and families)
Departure & Return
Piazza S. Domenico, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
4/7/2021 - 12/30/2022
|Monday:||09:30 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||09:30 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||09:30 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Thursday:||09:30 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Friday:||09:30 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Saturday:||09:30 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Sunday:||01:00 PM - 04:00 PM|
Piazza del Duomo, 1, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter the churches. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY SIENA TOURISM PROGRAMS & SERVICES
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Discover the life of St. Catherine of Siena?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Discover the life of St. Catherine of Siena?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Discover the life of St. Catherine of Siena?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSienaWalking Tours - TuscanyWalking Tours - San GimignanoWalking Tours - ChiantiCategory
Mangia Tower (Torre del Mangia)Siena Historic Center (Siena Centro Storico)Piccolomini Library (Libreria Piccolomini)Fonte Gaia (Gaia Fountain)Palio of Siena (Palio di Siena)Siena Cathedral Museum (Museo dell’Opera Metropolitana)Santa Maria della Scala National Art Gallery of Siena (Pinacoteca Nazionale Siena)Montalcino Fortress (Fortezza di Montalcino)Baptistery of San Giovanni (Battistero di San Giovanni)