Are you interested in?
- Visit small floating villages and towns known for their crafts
- Hear insightful commentary from the guide
- Includes two nights of accommodation, meals, and activities
- Hotel pickup in Siem Reap and drop-off in central Phnom Penh provided
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Siem Reap departure on Friday : From 06:30am. Departure on friday. Our vehicle will pick up you at your hotel between 06:00 and 06:30 to take you to the Chong Keas port, the starting point of your cruise. We take care of passengers only in hotels located in the Siem Reap city.
Your on board manager will wait for you just at the entrance of the port.
Address: Chong Keas tourism port - Siem Reap
Dates: See Availability
- Chong Khneas ferry, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Sat Tung is a ship launched in December 2012 completely refurbished in may 2017, from a ancestral knowledge of Khmer carpenters, yet has modern and comfortable furnishings.
- Owners may be on board. Lovers of Cambodia since 1992, they will be happy to help you discover the country through its rivers and its inhabitants. However, we draw the attention of our passengers on some very specific points of our cruises. Sat Tung is a boat owner of traditional construction, which implies certain constraints.
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- No air conditioning. The boat is naturally ventilated and wooden cabins are covered by a white protective order to limit the temperature. These however are softer because we are on the river. The cabins are equipped with fans.
- We can not provide hot water in the bathrooms. The shower water is lukewarm. Due to the high temperatures almost all year round, the hot water did not seem necessary.
- Water used for the bathroom is clean and has embarked before each cruise. We have 4500 liters, which is enough for grooming, showers and kitchen. It must however be careful not to use it improperly. The water in the toilet is pumped into the river, giving this land of color to toilet bowls.
- Smoking is not permitted in cabins and toilets. We ask smokers to smoke only on the deck, while taking care of the cigarette butts. We are on a wooden boat.
- In order not to damage the bridge, ladies please do not walk with needle heels.
- We determine the menus before departure and we source fresh produce along our cruises. It is possible that our cook changes its menu based on availability on the market met or for an encounter with a fisherman.
- Outside the ships and large vessels built in other Asian countries, the sailing boats in Cambodia are equipped with thrusters trucks adapted to the hulls of ships. We tried to minimize engine noise by soundproofing of the engine room, but they remain.
- We sail on wild rivers, which makes the charm of these cruises, but they are also accompanied by uncertainties. So we often land on undeveloped shoreline, it is necessary to provide shoes accordingly. The water level varies over 8 meters depending on the season, changing the riverbed, the intensity of the currents forcing us to change course, or sometimes even looking our way. This may have an impact on our schedules.
- Likewise, we must continuously focus on objects floating in the river (tree trunks often) and jachintes water (on the Tonle Sap above), which can also change our schedule if we should stop the engine to change a propeller or release stems jachintes water that would wound it.
- Sopal, our captain is very experienced. He is from Chhong Kneas where his whole family lives. All his childhood, he spent it on Tonle Sap lake where he knows everyone. It is very important in terms of safety on this wild river and lake. Whatever happens, he will always find people to help us.
- If there are few insects in the day in the river, moorings at night can attract many, especially if we are the only lights visible for several kilometers. We are equipped with mosquito nets in the cabins and the main deck level to be able to dine comfortably. However, it is strongly recommended that repulsive and dark clothing (light colored clothes attract insects).
- The Sat Toung is equipped with solar equipment and a high-performance battery system. The cabins are all equipped with electric lights, 220 volt outlets, fans. We are equipped with a refrigerator, a freezer, WIFI, water pumps for running water, extractors in the bathrooms etc … All this equipment is fed by day by the Solar panels, by high performance batteries at night. They can not, however, withstand excessive power like a hair dryer.
- The Sat Tung is equipped with WiFi. This can however not be operational throughout the cruise, certain areas are not covered.
- By conviction, we have not equipped our TV cabins or minibar. The trip on board must be the opportunity to share in contact with the Sat Toung crew and the inhabitants of the river.
- The company PhoceaMekong cruises is intimately involved in the NGO Ptea Clara, which sponsors children along the river. We may need to meet some of these cruise ongoing sponsorships to control their education and provide them with school equipment.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cambodian Cruises
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Siem Reap (Angkor Temples) to Phnom Penh cruise.