6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore Mount Etna, the world's most active stratovolcano, on this small-group hiking tour from Catania. Travel in a 4x4 vehicle or minivan to reach a departure point for a moderate hike through Mount Etna's moon-like landscape in the Valley del Bove depression, including a lava tube exploration, and the Silvestri craters. Hotel pickup and drop-off in Catania included.
- Hike through Mount Etna's Valle del Bove depression
- Travel in a smaller vehicle to reach areas inaccessible to larger vehicles
- Small group ensures an intimate atmosphere
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Catania
Saved to wishlist!
Local, professional guide
Environmental guide hiking certified
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Use of helmet
Equipment if requested at time of booking
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Piazzale Crateri Silvestri, 95030 Nicolosi CT, Italy
Outside the bar
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The program of the excursion may be subject to changes. (Adverse weather conditions, as well as restrictions on access to the volcano by the competent authorities)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Etna Excursions from Catania
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Etna Excursions from Catania?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Etna Excursions from Catania?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Etna Excursions from Catania?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Etna Excursions from Catania?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Etna Excursions from Catania
6 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore Excursions4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursExtremePorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSicilyShore Excursions - Catania4WD Tours - CataniaSporting Events - CataniaBus Tours - CataniaExtreme - CataniaPorts of Call Tours - CataniaFull-day Tours - CataniaShore Excursions - Taormina4WD Tours - TaorminaSporting Events - TaorminaBus Tours - TaorminaExtreme - TaorminaPorts of Call Tours - TaorminaFull-day Tours - TaorminaShore Excursions - Palermo4WD Tours - PalermoSporting Events - PalermoBus Tours - PalermoExtreme - PalermoPorts of Call Tours - PalermoFull-day Tours - PalermoCategory
Piazza IX Aprile Tours & TicketsErice Tours & TicketsSyracuse Cathedral (Duomo di Siracusa) Tours & TicketsBell Tower and Astronomical Clock (Orologio Astronomico) Tours & TicketsZisa Castle (Castello della Zisa) Tours & TicketsAlcantara Gorges (Gole dell'Alcantara) Tours & TicketsTaormina Piazza Duomo Tours & TicketsPiazza & Fontana Pretoria Tours & TicketsDonnafugata Castle (Castello di Donnafugata) Tours & TicketsCircumetnea Railway (Ferrovia Circumetnea) Tours & TicketsCatania Archaeological Park (Parco Archeologico Greco-Romano di Catania) Tours & TicketsAci Castello Tours & TicketsPoliteama Garibaldi Theater (Teatro Politeama Garibaldi) Tours & TicketsPalatine Chapel (Capella Palatina) Tours & TicketsChurch of San Domenico (Chiesa di San Domenico) Tours & TicketsMarsala Tours & TicketsCastelmola Tours & TicketsTecnoparco Archimede Museum (Tecnoparco Museo di Archimede) Tours & TicketsMassimo Opera House (Teatro Massimo) Tours & TicketsEar of Dionysius (Orecchio di Dionisio) Tours & Tickets