- Full-day Alcantara Gorge tour from Messina
- Enjoy spectacular views of the gorge on a thrilling hike
- Cool off with a swim in a natural lake
- Explore the mountain town of Taormina
- Choice of departure times throughout the day
- Easy level hike: suitable for participants of average fitness
- Great-value tour includes hotel or pickup and round-trip transport
Departure & Return
The guide will meet you inside of the port, on the left side of the ship. She will have a signboard on which will be written the name of our company: DISCOVER MESSINA SICILY and you will also see our logo: A LION HEAD.
FOR THE GUESTS THAT ARE NOT CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS: The meeting point at our office DISCOVER MESSINA SICILY, located in Via I Settembre, 110.
The travellers will meet the guide in front of the small three columns temple, located in front of the port of Giardini Naxos.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
On arrival, follow your guide on a leisurely hike along part of the gorge, following forest tracks and rocky trails, and wading through low passages of the Alcantara River (waterproof clothing is available to hire if necessary). Along the way, stop to admire the scenery, looking up at the steep canyon walls and passing numerous lakes, waterfalls, and unique rock formations. After working up a sweat, cool off with a swim in a natural lake.
On the way back, pay a visit to the mountain village of Taormina, where you’ll have time to grab lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant, browse the shops, or enjoy the views from the mountaintop.
Back in Messina, your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel or cruise port around 3.30pm, 5.30pm, or 7.30pm (depending on departure time).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- THE PICKUP TIME IS SETTLED 30 MINUTES AFTER THE DISEMBARKATION.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY DISCOVER MESSINA SICILY
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff