4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover the Jewish history of Shanghai on a half-day tour with an expert guide. Hear about Jewish immigration to Shanghai and visit important sites around the Hongkou district, also known as Shanghai Ghetto, where thousands of Jewish refugees lived during World War II. Stop at the memorial plaque in Huoshan Park and the Jewish Refugees Museum—formerly Ohel Moishe Synagogue. Your guide shares fascinating stories about the people whose lives intersected in Shanghai, including a Baghdadi–Jewish real estate developer, Chinese migrant workers, and Jewish refugees from war-torn Europe.
- Half-day tour of the Shanghai Ghetto and Jewish Shanghai
- Understand the different waves of Jewish immigration to Shanghai
- Stop at the Jewish Refugees Museum, housed in the former Ohel Moishe Synagogue
- View a monument to the Jewish refugees of WWII in Huoshan Park
Saved to wishlist!
Led by historical expert guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Nan Jing Dong Lu, Huang Pu Qu, Shang Hai Shi, China
Entrance to the Fairmont Peace Hotel on East Nanjing Rd
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, please plan accordingly
- Tour operates in both the morning and the afternoon; due to the length of the tour and daylight constraints it is recommended to take the morning tour. Please note your preference in the "Special Requirements" field at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tours of Jewish Shanghai
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Tour of Jewish Shanghai led by a Jewish History Expert
7 hours 55 minutes
3 hours 10 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursPhotography ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingShanghaiBus Tours - Eastern ChinaHistorical Tours - Eastern ChinaPhotography Tours - Eastern ChinaHalf-day Tours - Eastern ChinaBus Tours - SuzhouHistorical Tours - SuzhouPhotography Tours - SuzhouHalf-day Tours - SuzhouBus Tours - HangzhouHistorical Tours - HangzhouPhotography Tours - HangzhouHalf-day Tours - HangzhouCategory
Jinjiang Action Park Tours & TicketsHuangpu River Tours & TicketsWaigaoqiao Port Cruise Terminal Tours & TicketsBund Sightseeing Tunnel Tours & TicketsShanghai City God Temple (Chenghuang Miao) Tours & TicketsFormer Residence of Sun Yat-sen Tours & TicketsShanghai Museum of Arts and Crafts Tours & TicketsFairmont Peace Hotel (Heping Fandian) Tours & TicketsShanghai Science and Technology Museum (SSTM) Tours & TicketsShanghai World Financial Center (SWFC) Tours & TicketsZhujiajiao Kezhi Garden Tours & TicketsShanghai Disneyland Tours & TicketsPudong Tours & TicketsShanghai History Museum (Shanghai Lishi Bowuguan) Tours & TicketsZhujiajiao Tours & TicketsXin Tian Di Tours & TicketsShanghai Ocean Aquarium (SOA) Tours & TicketsJin Mao Tower Tours & TicketsShanghai Port International Cruise Terminal Tours & TicketsM50 Tours & Tickets