- Chinese dumpling culinary tour with cooking class in Shanghai
- Taste a variety of dumplings at Shanghai's street-side stalls and family-owned spots
- Learn to make Cantonese dim sum shrimp dumplings from scratch under the guidance of an expert chef
- Sample your own creations after a variety of tasting stops — enough to fill you up for lunch!
- Venture into a local neighborhood with a small market with your guide to see how the locals shop
- Small-group class with a maximum of 10 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Meeting Point: Exit 2 (street level), Jiashan Rd station (Line 9/12). The metro exit is on the SE corner of Damuqiao Rd & Zhaojiabang Rd. Taxi Directions: 肇嘉浜路301号嘉善路地铁站2号出口，大木桥路和肇嘉浜路路口东南角 Public transport directions: Take Line 9/12 to Jiashan Rd station. Use Exit 2 to get to the street level.
The tour ends at 370 Wulumuqi Rd (South), near Zhaojiabang Rd (3 mins walk from Line 7/9 - Zhaojiabang Rd metro). 乌鲁木齐南路370号近肇嘉浜路
What To Expect
Listen as your guide offers fascinating insight into the cultural significance of food in Shanghai and admire the scenery as you stroll past Art Deco architecture to the venue of your cookery class. Greet your professional chef and observe a demonstration on how to make har gow, a Cantonese dim sum specialty that comes in the form of steamed potato wrappers stuffed with shrimp.
Under the guidance of your chef, prepare your dumplings and cook them to perfection before sinking your teeth into the delicious delicacy.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking - advanced notice is required to be able to cater to any dietary restrictions
- This tour cannot accommodate vegetarians, pescetarians or vegans
- Wear comfortable shoes and come hungry
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY UnTour Food Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Had a great time filling up on dumplings, I would recommend Rebecca for future tours and will be booking again in the future" See review