- Chinese afternoon tea and dessert tour in Shanghai
- Stroll on Huaihai Road as you learn about Shanghai’s tea culture and puddings
- Sample popular Chinese mooncakes at two pastry shops
- Enjoy an afternoon tea ceremony at a tea house
- Taste aromatic green and black teas and learn about tea drinking etiquette
- Try popular Cantonese desserts such as milk pudding and almond tofu
- Small group of 10 travelers or fewer
Departure & Return
Please meet up at Exit 2, South Huangpi Road Metro Station, Shanghai (Line 1) 上海地铁1号线黄陂南路2号出口 Directions: Take Shanghai Metro Station Line 1, and get off at South Huangpi Road Station. Your guide will be waiting for you at Exit 2. 你好，请带我去上海地铁1号线黄陂南路站2号出口
What To Expect
As you walk, hear about Shanghai’s love of tea and tea drinking rituals, and learn about the different tea varieties that hail from various regions of China.
For starters, visit two pastry shops to sample Chinese mooncakes. These delicious pastry-coated cakes feature savory or sweet fillings and are usually circular to symbolize family reunions. Sample some varieties and learn how the cakes are usually served with tea, and most popular during China’s Mid-Autumn Festival.
Next, head inside a tea house and enjoy a classic tea ceremony as you learn about China’s historical tea culture and how it rose to favor in the west during the 1800s. Savor varieties such as pu-erh, ginseng oolong, and jasmine and black tea from Fujian, and learn about the roles of differently sized cups and temperatures of water used for different varieties.
Finally, visit a Cantonese dessert restaurant to taste some traditional sweets. Sample cold treats such as milk pudding with purple sticky rice, jellied mousse cake, papaya, and scrumptious mango purée and almond tofu.
Your tour then ends in the area when your guide departs.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Age under 3 is free to join
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Shanghai Foodie
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.