10 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Get a look at the devastation caused by the 1980 eruption of Mount St Helens, an active stratovolcano located south of Seattle. This private day trip with a personal guide brings you up close to the blast site of the national monument, brought to the world's attention when it exploded hot lava 15 miles (24 km) into the atmosphere. You’ll visit two interpretive centers to learn about geological features and the slow return of its native flora. View the mountainside from Johnston Ride Observatory and have lunch at a riverside restaurant.
- Private day trip to Mount St Helens from Seattle
- Travel with a personal guide to the blast site
- View the devastation from the 1980 volcanic eruption from Johnston Ridge Observatory
- Dig into lunch at a riverside eatery
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off by private vehicle
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
All Seattle, Bellevue, Tukwila, and airport hotels and B&B.
- Seattle-Tacoma Intl Airport, 17801 International Blvd, SeaTac, WA 98158
- Pier 66 and Pier 91
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Cheryl's Northwest Tours LLC
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Mount Saint Helens Monument Day Trip?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Mount Saint Helens Monument Day Trip?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Mount Saint Helens Monument Day Trip?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Mount Saint Helens Monument Day Trip?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Mount Saint Helens Monument Day Trip
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSeattleBus Tours - WashingtonNature and Wildlife - WashingtonHistorical Tours - WashingtonFull-day Tours - WashingtonBus Tours - VancouverNature and Wildlife - VancouverHistorical Tours - VancouverFull-day Tours - VancouverBus Tours - PortlandNature and Wildlife - PortlandHistorical Tours - PortlandFull-day Tours - PortlandCategory
Seattle Great WheelSeattle Art Museum (SAM)Bloedel ReserveSeattle Chinatown-International DistrictChateau Ste. Michelle WineryChihuly Garden and GlassHiram M. Chittenden LocksT-Mobile Park Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP)Fremont DistrictTillicum VillageLake UnionDiscovery ParkBill and Melinda Gates Foundation Discovery CenterQueen Anne HillUniversity of WashingtonFishermen's TerminalOlympic Sculpture ParkSky View ObservatoryCascade Range