- Christmas tour from Seattle to Leavenworth for the annual Christmas Lighting Festival
- Travel to an authentic Bavarian village nestled in the Cascade Mountains
- Soak up the old-world charm as you browse shops, enjoy live entertainment, and savor German food and beer
- Take a horse-drawn carriage ride through the snow (at own expense)
- Enjoy a dazzling Christmas lights ceremony at dusk on the first three Saturdays and Sundays of December
- Option to upgrade to tour that includes a sleigh ride on Fridays or Sundays
Departure & Return
We will be parked with buses at the MOPOP bus turn around at the corner of 5th ave North and Harrison St. you will want to park at the 24 hour covered lot across the street from the turn around and not on the open lot adjacent.
What To Expect
There is plenty of music throughout the day, from carolers and hand-bell choirs to a top-ranking Army National Guard Dixie band, solo artists and some of the best high school and professional choirs in the Pacific Northwest.
A stroll around town will welcome the smell of roasted chestnuts in the air. Watch the sledders at Front Street Park. Stop by the Gluhwein Tent for hot spiced wine and cider. Take a horse-drawn winter carriage ride. Shop at any number of themed stores and enjoy authentic German food from local restaurants and street carts. There really is something for everyone.
At dusk, the village bursts into a sea of color as a half million lights come to life in a celebratory glow. Then it’s time for the relaxing return to Seattle with holiday memories that will last a lifetime.
Notice: This seasonal tour only operates on select weekends during the month of December.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please Note: There is no longer a lighting ceremony at dusk. Lights will be on 24 hours a day.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Customized Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms