1 to 2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Though now popular for its animated nightlife, Savannah (along with the rest of the United States), was completely dry during Prohibition in the early 20th century. Learn the history behind the 18th Amendment—and how it led to the rise of smuggling and moonshine—on a tour of the country’s only museum dedicated to the history of Prohibition. Costumed docents keep visitors entertained and informed while exploring this lively collection. And of course, a speakeasy is attached to the museum for you to enjoy after your tour (own expense).
- Entrance to the American Prohibition Museum, the only one of its kind in the world
- Browse more than 200 historical artifacts, like dry propaganda and equipment for brewing moonshine
- Costumed docents inform and entertain from start to finish
- Photos, murals, videos, and immersive high-tech experience bring the rise and fall of Prohibition to life
- A craft cocktail speakeasy serves up authentic Prohibition era drinks for after the tour (own expense)
Saved to wishlist!
Transportation to/from attraction
Food and drinks
Museum closed on St. Patrick's Day (March 17) and during St. Patrick's Day Festival (dates TBD).
Departure & Return
5/8/2020 - 12/16/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Guests of all ages are allowed in the museum during all operating hours, but photo ID is required at the door to receive a wristband for admittance to the Speakeasy. Guests under the age of 21 are not permitted in the Speakeasy.
- Children 3 yrs of age and younger are free
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Social Distancing will be observed in the museum
- Most travelers can participate
- Open 10am - 5:00pm. Last entry at 4:15pm
- OPERATED BY Historic Tours Of America
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the hours of operation for the American Prohibition Museum?
A:We are open every day from 10 am - 4:15 pm. The Speakeasy is open on Wednesdays from 5:30 pm – 10 pm, Thursdays from 5:30 pm – 11 pm, and Friday & Saturday from 5:30 pm – 1:00 am
Is parking available for the American Prohibition Museum?
A:We are located next to Ellis Square in the City Market we are just blocks away from Robinson Parking Garage. (There may be a fee to park.)
Can I bring food/drink into the American Prohibition Museum?
A:Food and drink are not permitted in the museum in the galleries prior to the Speakeasy.
Can I take photographs inside the American Prohibition Museum?
A:Yes, cell phone and video use are permitted in the museum for personal use only. Images, audio, and video uploaded to social media can and should be tagged with the #americanprohibition or @americanprohibition.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Skip-The-Line: The American Prohibition Museum Admission Ticket?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Skip-The-Line: The American Prohibition Museum Admission Ticket?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during Skip-The-Line: The American Prohibition Museum Admission Ticket?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Skip-The-Line: The American Prohibition Museum Admission Ticket?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsMuseum Tickets & PassesSightseeing Tickets & PassesSavannahAttractions & Museums - GeorgiaMuseum Tickets & Passes - GeorgiaAttractions & Museums - CharlestonMuseum Tickets & Passes - CharlestonAttractions & Museums - JacksonvilleMuseum Tickets & Passes - JacksonvilleCategory
Temple Mickve Israel Tours & TicketsOlde Pink House Tours & TicketsMadison Square Tours & TicketsHistoric Savannah Theatre Tours & TicketsDavenport House Museum Tours & TicketsGribble House Paranormal Experience Tours & TicketsChippewa Square Tours & TicketsShips of the Sea Maritime Museum Tours & TicketsColonial Park Cemetery Tours & TicketsAndrew Low House Tours & TicketsSorrel Weed House Tours & TicketsFactors Walk Tours & TicketsBeach Institute African American Cultural Center Tours & TicketsSavannah Historic District Tours & TicketsOwens-Thomas House Tours & TicketsMassie Heritage Center Tours & TicketsTelfair Museums Jepson Center Tours & TicketsMercer Williams House Museum Tours & TicketsWormsloe State Historic Site Tours & TicketsAmerican Prohibition Museum Tours & Tickets