- Kayak tour in Santa Barbara
- Receive instruction on paddling and steering the kayak
- Watch harbor seals, sea lions, and other wildlife in their natural environment
- Get a new perspective on the beaches and city
- Suitable for beginners, no experience needed
Departure & Return
Enter the harbor at the kiosk; Follow the signs to boat launch area. We will meet you at the “Sea Landing” at the end of the Harbor (boat launch). Look for your guide with the kayaks.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start by getting outfitted with paddle jackets, PFDs, a paddle, and a kayak. Your guide provides a paddling demonstration and safety talk, then makes sure you are comfortable in your boat. Set out on the water from the boat launch and paddle through the harbor, passing other boats, the historic wharf, under the pier, and along the beach. Along the way, look for wildlife like harbor seals, sea lions, brown pelicans, sea stars, cormorants, and seagulls.
Expect to paddle approximately one to two miles (1.5–3 km) along the coast before returning to the boat dock where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- If your contact number is international please include your email address in the comment section.
- Minimum numbers apply. Our kayak tours require a minimum of 2 participants to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you are a single traveler, please feel free to call our office to confirm availability
- Children under 5 are not permitted. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult in a double kayak.
- Although we offer dry bags to help keep gear dry, everything that comes on the kayaking trip runs the risk of getting wet. We therefore recommend that you only bring personal gear that can get wet or damp during the trip. Items that must stay dry such as cameras or other electronic devices, change of clothes or personal belongings should stay in your vehicle.
- To ensure proper equipment, please provide your heights & weights. Thank you.
- Double kayaks are automatically provided. Singles are available for odd number parties. Guests over 230lbs will be provided a single kayak.
- Guests under 18 years of age MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign their release forms. If you need this paperwork sent to you ahead of time, please contact our office.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Santa Barbara Adventure Company
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Santa Barbara Kayak Tour.