- Old San Juan small-group food tour
- Taste authentic Puerto Rican food and drink at several different locations
- Admire the city’s beautiful colonial architecture and cobblestone streets
- Learn about the history of Old San Juan as you walk the streets with your local guide
Departure & Return
Please meet your guide (green shirt and a smile) in the Banco Popular building (an art deco bank) plaza on the corner of Recinto Sur Street and San Justo Street. Meet 15 minutes prior to tour start. Please follow this google maps link to get to the meeting point:
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start your day in the morning or early or late afternoon from a central meeting point in the atmospheric neighborhood of Old San Juan.
As you walk to your first tasting, immerse yourself in the area’s breathtaking French and Spanish architecture, some of which is more than 500 years old, listening as your guide explains the history of the location and its colorful Colonial architecture.
Visit several small local restaurants to enjoy delicious bites and learn about the diverse culinary influences, including Spanish, African, and indigenous cuisines, that give Puerto Rican food its distinctive flavor.
This tour gives you the opportunity to sample many of Puerto Rico's best-loved foods, including the staple sofrito—a sauce that serves as the base for many of the nation's dishes. Learn the secret to making mofongo with fried plantains.
Top that off with rice and beans, Puerto Rican rum, and enjoy something extra sweet for dessert. Dietary restrictions are generally easily accommodated, just indicate your needs when booking.
Finish your gastronomic adventure with our handy guidebook and map and a belly full of Puerto Rican delicacies.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- ****GUESTS 12 YEARS+ MUST BRING THEIR COVID 19 VACCINATION CARD OR A NEGATIVE COVID TEST (antigen or PCR) WITHIN 72 HOURS OR GUESTS CANNOT PARTAKE IN THIS TOUR****
- We are UNABLE to accept wheelchairs, crutches, pushers or any walking aids
- COVID-19 / Masks worn by guests/guides unless eating (this is not optional government regulation)
- We cannot accommodate Vegans or guests with onion, garlic, bell pepper allergies
- IMPORTANT: You must advise of any food allergies and dietary restrictions in the special requirements field at the time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with restricted mobility due to cobblestone, uneven terrain, narrow sidewalks and slopes.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Flavors Food Tours - San Juan
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff