Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore Puerto Rico's El Yunque National Forest on a guided tour
- Admire exotic plant life like wildflowers, tree orchids, giant ferns and wild ginger
- Marvel at the beauty of La Coca Falls as it plunges into a shallow pool below
- Learn about the rainforest ecosystem from the educational displays at El Portal Visitor Center
- Take in the great views of Puerto Rico from on top of Yokahú Tower
- Great way to escape the city to see a more natural side of Puerto Rico
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 45 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
You’ll continue into the rainforest, heading to the first trailhead to take your first guided nature walk. As you wander along the trail, your guide will introduce you to the exotic varieties of flowers and the fresh ginger that grow alongside your route. You’ll also learn about the reserve’s significance to the local Taino Indians, who have long considered the area as sacred.
Continue to the reserve’s El Portal Visitor Center, where you’ll have time to explore the exhibits including an elevated forest walkway, walking trails, and educational displays as you learn more about this unique ecosystem. Leave the visitor center behind and head to La Coca Falls, an 85-foot (26-meter) cascade that plunges down a series of rock formations into a shallow pool.
Then head to Yokahú Tower, a 69-foot (21-meter) tall tower offering unobstructed views of the surrounding countryside, plus a range of lush plant life like wild flowers, giant ferns, tropical hardwoods, and tree orchids growing nearby. After your stop at the tower, you’ll receive a transfer back to your San Juan hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: contact phone number or email, ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A minimum of 8 persons is required for the tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. This activity operates on limited days a week.
- The duration of transfers from San Juan to the Forest is 1 hour each way approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions. Estimate activity duration includes driving time.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Have a good breakfast before departing, as this tour does not include stop to eat.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Children 0-6 years must use car seats in order to participate on tour (can be provided complimentary if requested with anticipation, and is subject to availability).
- Children must have purchased ticket regardless the age.
- Travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case. Bespoke Lifestyle Management will not be responsible for lost or stolen belongings. No luggage allowed on the buses.
- Please be ready at confirmed location 5-10 minutes prior to the confirmed time, bus will only wait 5 minutes per pick up stop.
- The El Yunque National Forest Half Day tour is led by Bespoke Lifestyle Management, who operates under special use permit 4024-03 on the El Yunque National Forest and operates on a non-discriminatory basis.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bespoke Lifestyle Management
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms