Explore our promoted experiences
- Kayak through the waters of Laguna Grande—a bioluminescent lagoon
- Watch the glowing organisms in the water light up as your kayak slices through the water
- Paddle through stands of mangrove trees and watch small fish dart through the water underneath your boat like shooting stars
- Stop for a break with snacks and refreshments before heading back to your starting point
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Additional transfer fee to towns outside of San Juan/Metro area such as Rio Grande, Luquillo, Fajardo and Dorado will apply; please contact us for more information.
- Maximum weight to participate is 260 pounds, please specify your exact weight at moment of booking as we have a limited amount of these kayaks.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: contact phone number or email, ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time. No refunds will be authorized due to failure to communicate correct information.
- Minimum age to participate is 7 years. Participants cannot be afraid of the dark as you will be kayaking thru pitch black areas.
- Not suitable for pregnant women, persons with recent surgeries, past injuries or back problems. Bear in mind each participant must be capable of paddling on their own and will be sitting on the same position for about 2 hours.
- You will get wet, it is recommended that you wear bathing suit underneath, bring a towel and extra clothes for after the tour.
- Each Bio Bay tour is guided by a certified interpretive Marine Biologist trained in First Aid & CPR
- Meeting time: Times might change depending the season and your hotel location. If so we will contact you in advance.
- Please Note: During the months of November, December and January, bioluminescence may be poor due to cooler temperatures.
- The bio bay is an unpredictable natural phenomenon that may be influenced by multiple factors. Bioluminoscity level can vary from very visible to minimum or none without any previous notice. Full Moon phase may also affect the visibility of the bioluminescence. In the event of this happening alternate methods such as the use of a tarp will be incorporated in order to appreciate it.
- This tour does not includes a stop to eat.
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case. Bespoke Lifestyle Management will not be responsible for lost or stolen belongings. No luggage allowed on the buses.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Published starting time is only an estimate. Exact pick up time will be provided the DAY PRIOR to your tour.
- Bus will wait only 5 minutes after your assigned pick up time. No refunds will be issued if you miss your pick up.
- Failure to provide hotel/lodging/cruise information upon booking may result in bus not being able to pick you at your location or close to it. No refunds will be issued if you miss your pick up.
- Tours will NOT be cancelled if it’s raining. It is still safe and the water will still glow under the rain. If the tour needs to be cancelled for severe weather conditions the Company will contact the client.
- Priority use of regular kayaks is for persons weighting 186-260, there is a possibility couples may be divided in order to accommodate on the suitable kayak.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Bespoke LM Reserves the Right of Admission - If a person appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, not following COVID19 protocols or not dressed appropriately (due safety) the Guide has the right to Cancel their reservation at any moment, and No Refunds will be issued due to this.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bespoke Lifestyle Management
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Don't go just for the light up Bay as it's not overwhelming but the mangroves trees at sunset were beautiful." See review
- "I recommend taking the later tour when it is darker out." See review
- "A bit crowded as people were hesitant at times, but you'd rather that than getting lost from your group." See review