- Seattle whale watching
- Experience the best killer whale watching area, off San Juan Island, near Seattle
- Whales have been viewed on over 90% of the tours
- You will be guaranteed see marine mammals
Departure & Return
San Juan Safaris' office is located on Front Street, to the right, in the lower level of the 2 story gray building. Downriggers Restaurant is on the top floor.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Climb on board the fast, new 55-foot MV Sea Lion, complete with a heated cabin, with windows, that seats up to 24 travelers. Add the walk-around deck and 40 or fewer guests can fit comfortably on this vessel.
While it’s not guaranteed that killer whales will be seen on this tour, there is more than a 90 percent chance. Plus, there is an even greater chance of seeing minke, humpback and gray whales. Seeing marine mammals, well, that’s a sure thing.
Want a more intimate tour? Join the special small-group tour, with a maximum capacity of 12 people.
Note: The schedule for the ferry to San Juan Island changes seasonally and has specific departure times. Please ask about the latest Washington State Ferry schedule to ensure you arrive with enough time to make your way to the tour departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For maximum safety children under 2 should be in a harness carrier strapped to a parent and remain in the cabin
- "Special Limited" tour not recommended for child aged 13 and under
- Restrooms are available on board the boat
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY San Juan Safaris
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Whale Watching from Friday Harbor.