- Rainforest hike in a private nature sanctuary near Braulio Carrillo National Park
- Ride an aerial gondola and then take a difficult 3-mile (5-km) trek through thick tropical forests
- Capture unmatched views of pristine wilderness, walking along the Corinto River
- Swim in a natural pool and enjoy a picnic-style lunch along the riverbank
- Learn about the exotic plant and wildlife you see from an expert naturalist and hiking guide
- Breakfast, box lunch and round-trip transport from most San Jose hotels included
Departure & Return
If you selected the option Tour Only (No transfers ), the starting point will be at the Park.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Accompanied by a naturalist guide, climb aboard an aerial tram for a ride through the rain forest canopy. As you head deeper into the jungle, enjoy a bird’s-eye perspective of the treetops, where you can observe plant and bird species not typically seen from the ground. Hop off at one of the gondola towers and descend back to the forest floor to begin your hike.
Follow the Corinto River as you hike through dense foliage and scramble over rocks and along muddy paths. Plan to cover about 3 miles (5 km), with an elevation gain of 475 feet (145 meters). Stop at several points along the way to rehydrate and admire the amazing rain forest scenery.
Take a refreshing swim in a natural river pool if you like, and settle in along the riverbank. Hike back along the river trail, and then take a detour back at the gondola tower where you’ll traverse the reserve’s shared border with Braulio Carrillo National Park. Back at the main building, you have a chance to shower and change before the return drive to your San Jose hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 13 years
- A good level of fitness is required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please wear long sleeve pants and shirt and hiking or rubber shoes or boots
- Please bring a backpack, water, a change of clothes, a hat, insect repellent, a raincoat and a towel
- Note: The open-air gondola can hold up to 6 passengers plus a tour guide
- A minimum of 2 passengers per booking is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Elite Shore Excursions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms