40 minutes (Approx.)
Experience one of Costa Rica’s supersized natural wonders at your own pace with entrance to Poás Volcano National Park in Alajuela. Boasting one of the largest craters in the world, the volcano can be explored through trails of varying difficulty that wind through forested and mountainous habitat. Pre-book your admission ticket for convenience and for more time to discover the park’s explosive geology.
- See the crater and bright-blue lake of Poás Volcano on a self-guided tour
- The impressive crater is easily accessible for most fitness levels
- Admission ticket includes amenities like a visitor center, café, and souvenir shop
- National park makes an easy day trip from San Jose and surrounding areas
Saved to wishlist!
Poas Volcano National Park - Admission Ticket
The listed price does not include a $3 parking fee for automobile, payable at the time of check-in.
Hotel pickup and drop-off
This ticket does not apply for locals***
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Passport name, number and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 56 travelers
- OPERATED BY Costa Rica Groups Travel Company
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Poas Volcano National Park - Admission Ticket (Foreigners Only)?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Poas Volcano National Park - Admission Ticket (Foreigners Only)?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Poas Volcano National Park - Admission Ticket (Foreigners Only)?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Poas Volcano National Park - Admission Ticket (Foreigners Only)?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "To have to list our passport #’s but it is legit." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Poas Volcano National Park - Admission Ticket (Foreigners Only)
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesSan JoseAttractions & Museums - Central ValleyAttractions & Museums - QueposAttractions & Museums - JacoCategory
Metallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico) Tours & TicketsOrosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi) Tours & TicketsSarapiqui Canopy Tours & TicketsNational Theater (Teatro Nacional) Tours & TicketsChildren's Museum (Museo de los Ninos) Tours & TicketsRescate Animal Zooave Tours & TicketsGold Museum Tours & TicketsMorazan Park Tours & TicketsJade Museum (Museo del Jade) Tours & TicketsYellow House (Casa Amarilla) Tours & TicketsTuru Ba Ri Tropical Park Tours & TicketsCosta Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense) Tours & TicketsLa Sabana Park Tours & TicketsSarchi Tours & TicketsPlaza de la Cultura Tours & TicketsChirripó National Park Tours & Tickets