- 8-day guided tour of northwest Costa Rica from San Jose
- Admire the active volcano in Arenal Volcano National Park (Parque Nacional Volcán Arenal)
- Relax in thermal hot springs at Baldi resort
- Take a boat through Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge
- Ride a zipline and go horseback riding through Vida Aventura Nature Park in Guanacaste
- 7 nights of accommodation, transportation and entrance fees included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
During all the package, clients will be picked up at their hotels for activities and transfers, pick up times will be according to itinerary.
- Juan Santamaria Intl Airport, San Jose Costa Rica
What To Expect
The tour begins in San Jose and concludes in Liberia, with an optional transfer back to San Jose if you’d like to end your journey there (additional expense). Choose from 3.5-star or 4-star hotels to suit your style and budget.
The mix of destinations and activities allows you to experience northwest Costa Rica’s diverse landscapes, including the geothermal peaks of Arenal Volcano National Park, the marshlands of Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge, the famous white-sand beaches of Guanacaste and lush rain forest at Vida Aventura Nature Park.
Enjoy a balance of adrenaline-pumping adventure and relaxation, plus two days of leisure time to explore Guanacaste on your own or book optional day tours (own expense). See Itinerary for a detailed tour description. Included meals are noted with initials in each day’s description.
It’s a fantastic way to experience Costa Rica’s pura vida spirit!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please note: you can book the optional tours while in destination
- If you would like to end your tour in San Jose, a private transfer can be arranged and be paid on the day of travel (approx. USD $205 per person)
- Note: single rooms are only available for 1 person, double rooms for 2 and triple rooms for 3. If you book additional passengers in the rooms, your booking will be rejected and a full refund will be processed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Central American Tours
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by 8-Day Best of Northwest Costa Rica from San Jose: Arenal Volcano National Park, Alajuela and Guanacaste.