- 3.5-hour San Francisco city tour and 1.5-hour cruise around Alcatraz Island
- Drive through some of the city’s main neighborhoods, including Haight-Ashbury, Chinatown, and North Beach
- See main attractions, such as Fisherman’s Wharf and Golden Gate Bridge
- Go on a cruise that circles around Alcatraz Island twice
- Hear stories about the infamous inmates of Alcatraz
- Learn about the history of the prison
- San Francisco hotel pickup included from select hotels
Departure & Return
Gray Line Union Square Departure Zone. Departure time: 8:40 AM Please be at the above address, 15 minutes prior to departure. Please contact us 48 hours prior to departure date to confirm.
Gray Line Fisherman’s Wharf Departure Location at the corner of Leavenworth St. & Jefferson St. Departure time: 9:00 AM Please be at the above address by 8:40 AM to check in with one of our Gray Line SF representatives. Please contact us 48 hours prior to departure date to confirm.
Customers will be dropped off at Pier 41/ Pier 39. Driver will direct customers to the Escape from the Rock landing. This ends the bus transport portion of tour. Customers will need to make their own way back from whence they came.
What To Expect
For your tour of the city, you’ll ride around San Francisco’s most popular neighborhoods, including Chinatown, North Beach (also known as Little Italy), and Haight-Ashbury, the area known for being the origin of hippie counterculture in SF. Your guide tells you interesting facts as you explore, and you’ll also get to see main attractions, such as the Golden Gate Bridge and Fisherman’s Wharf in the Embarcadero.
For your boat tour around Alcatraz Island, you’ll circle the whole island twice, so you can get views of the island from all directions. Along the way, hear stories of the former prisoners, and of people who tried to escape during their time there. Plus learn about the history of the prison, too. Your tour ends at Pier 41.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Date changes are not permitted once confirmation is received.
- The bay cruise does NOT let you on Alcatraz Island.
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is collapsible.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Please check schedules for the Boat Tour on Blue & Gold website and pick the best departure time for you.
- Complimentary hotel pick-up is available for select San Francisco hotels with confirmation from our reservations staff. Please contact us 72 hours prior to tour date to confirm your exact departure time or hotel pick up.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line San Francisco
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Viator said public transportation is available but no help in how and where to access, and if cash pay is accepted." See review