Departure & Return
If driving to San Blas with your own car, please ensure to arrive no later than 8:30am and in a SUV vehicle. All other cars will be turned around at the border crossing. Carti has 3 ports. Your lancha/boat and captain will be waiting for you in the Diblin Tupile port. Contact us to arrange transport
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We will check the availability of the cabin and will send you a confirmation mail.
- Departure time is between 5:00am and 5:40am from your Panama City lodging. If staying at Playa Bonita area, your departure time is between 5:00am - 5:30am.(If choosing our optional round trip transportation service)
- You are welcome to bring a cooler with your own drinks, potable water, snacks and beverages (fruit juice or alcohol). The driver will stop at a supermarket on the way to San Blas in order for you to purchase additional items.
- Check out from your cabin on the island is at 8:00am and you should be back in Panama City between 6-7pm.
- PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR ORGINAL PASSPORT. WITHOUT IT, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE GUNA TERRITORY AND THE SAN BLAS ISLANDS.
- Please be advised that San Blas is in the Guna territory, which is an autonomous, Indian zone. The services are very basic and most cabins are minimalistic. The Gunas will be providing all touristic services, such as meal preparations, car and boat transportations, lodging, and tour guiding. We are proud to be working with this friendly tribe and with each booking we give back to the community, supporting their customs and their traditional way of life. We kindly ask you to respect this beautiful culture and their simple way of life, leaving your expectations behind and learning about their innocent culture.
- Aside from using generators for electricity, there are no amenities and utilities as you are used to from the city. Food is basic, yet freshly prepared such as fresh fried fish, mixed seafood, chicken or lobster (at extra chrge) with salad, rice or plantains.
- We recommend that you bring your personal hygiene items, such as towels, sunscreen, hats, mosquito repellent.
- In San Blas Islands there are no ATMs, only cash in received. You can buy drinks there, snacks, souvenirs etc.
- “+Movil” and “Digicel” are the cell phone companies that have reception in San Blas.
- There are no electrical outlets in the huts, only light. You can recharge your phones and cameras in the main house.
- Infants need to sit on laps
- The car ride to San Blas takes 2.5 hours and for about one hour the drive leads through windy roads. If you get motion-sick, please plan accordingly.
- The San Blas islands are located on the Atlantic side of Panama. The drive to the port of San Blas takes 2.5 hours each way, through windy roads with beautiful landscapes, frequent animal encounters and opportunities to take photos.
- The usage of drones has been made illegal in the islands of San Blas. Heavy fines have been imposed on those who ignore the law. Please don’t do it!
- PLEASE BE PREPARED FOR A 2.5 HOUR CAR JOURNEY EACH WAY OVER BAD ROADS WITH POTHOLES AND SLOW CURVES! We feel that the islands are worth the long drive, but some travelers have complained about the roads while we are not responsible for the roads and their condition, and we would like you to be aware of this fact :)
- The road to San Blas is very curvy with lots of hills. If you are sensitive to motion sickness, please prepare accordingly by bringing appropriate medication.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tao Travel 365
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff