- Experience San Antonio’s highlights aboard an open-top, double-decker bus
- Visit HemisFair Park, the Tower of the Americas, the Alamo, San Fernando Cathedral and more
- Browse shops and galleries at Rivercenter Mall along the River Walk
- Includes admission to the Centro de Artes Museum
Departure & Return
Departure PointYou may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
Return DetailsYou may disembark at any of the available stops.
What To Expect
The Alamo is perhaps number one of the top attractions that you can visit. Founded by Spanish missionaries in the late 1700s and known then as Mission San Antonio de Valero, the Alamo was the site of a famous battle that marked the end of the Texas Revolution in 1836. Legendary people including Davey Crockett, Jim Bowie and Colonel Travis fought in that bloody battle.
Near the Alamo, you can walk to the San Antonio River Walk, a network of walking paths along the river that are lined with shops, art galleries and great restaurants.
Your bus passes a number of outdoor markets and stops at HemisFair Park, a delightful urban park that is home to the Tower of the Americas, which was constructed for the 1968 World's Fair and stands 750 feet (229 meters) tall. Explore the King William Historic District, wander down St Mary’s Street and more.
If you like, visit the historic Cathedral of San Fernando, built in 1734 by Spanish settlers from the Canary Islands, and the burial site for many soldiers that perished in the Battle of the Alamo.
From the bus, enjoy clear views of the city and recorded commentary that describes the sites you pass. A full list of stops can be found in the Itinerary section below.
Choose either a 1-, 2-, or 4-day ticket and tour the city at your own pace. Tickets include a map of the route and list of sites, plus admission to the Centro de Artes Museum.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates: All Year Round (except 26th April)
- Duration: 60 Minutes
- Frequency: 20-30 Minutes
- First Tour: 8:40AM
- Last Tour: 5:30PM
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- With your voucher, enjoy flexible access for up to 12 months from the travel date you select at check-out.
- Most travelers can participate
- All customers must exchange their voucher at City Sightseeing Tours Welcome Center, 111 Alamo Plaza, Next to The Alamo, San Antonio, Texas, 78205 before taking the tour
- OPERATED BY City Sightseeing Ltd - USA and Middle East
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Depending on where you sit in the bus, it can be extremely difficult to hear the commentary." See review