- 30-minute or 1-hour 4WD adventure
- See Lake Rotorua from above
- Go off-road in a buggy with a driver-guide
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Ideal choice for families
Departure & Return
We are located approximately 10 minutes drive from Rotorua City Centre area. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your booking time
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Climb into your 4WD buggy and hit the trail: your guide will steer you along rugged trails and off-road terrain on your way to a scenic overlook. You’ll be passing through native New Zealand forest which is home to many silver ferns, an important symbol of the country, along with diverse birds and wildlife. Take advantage of this small-group tour to ask plenty of questions, as your guide is a knowledgeable local, and passionate about the Rotorua environment. Hop out of the buggy to enjoy the views and take photos, then hold on for the ride back to the 4WD home base, where this tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of five passengers per buggy
- Half-hour buggy ride: suitable for children over the age of 2 (child seats can be fitted into the buggies - please confirm at the time of booking)
- 1-hour buggy ride: suitable for older children who do not require a child seat
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Adventure Playground Rotorua Limited
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms