Explore our promoted experiences
- Mt. Tarawera scenic floatplane flight
- Spectacular aerial views of Mt. Tarawera's volcanic rift
- Fly over the Blue and Green Lakes, Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve, and the hot lakes of Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Take off and land on Lake Rotorua
- Informative commentary from your expert pilot-guide
Departure & Return
Rotorua City Lakefront
What To Expect
Feel the thrill of a water take-off before your pilot expertly navigates the skies toward Mt. Tarawera, a mountain steeped in Maori legend. You’ll follow a 5-mile (8-km) volcanic rift along the summit of Mt. Tarawera—a lunar-like landscape of jagged rocks and myriad crater lakes formed by the 1886 eruption of the now dormant volcano—before heading south to the Steaming Cliffs and hot lakes of the Waimangu Volcanic Valley.
En route back to Rotorua, the seaplane tour takes you over the Blue and Green Lakes and the gurgling geysers of Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve before splashing down for a water landing on Rotorua Lake.
Flights depart throughout the day from dawn to dusk, so simply advise your preferred departure time when booking.
Please note: A minimum of 2 adults is required per booking.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Due to comfort and balance of the aircraft, the maximum per seat limit is 297 lbs (135 kg) per passenger
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Volcanic Air Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms