- Soak in a mud bath for relaxation and health benefits
- Soothe travel weary muscles at a picturesque setting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off provided from Rotorua hotels
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people
Departure & Return
Hell's Gate is located just outside of Rotorua's city centre. From the city simply travel east on State Highway 30. At approximately 5 minutes past the airport, you will turn right towards Whakatane. Hell's Gate is 3kms down this road.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operating days and hours may vary, please see the Hell’s Gate website for latest updates and last entrance times.
- We recommend that women do not use our bathing facilities whilst pregnant. However, it is an individual’s choice and we recommend that you seek advice from your health professional if you are wanting to bathe.
- Not recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The minimum age for the Mud Bath is 2.5 years, and for the Sulphur Spa is 6 months.
- Children are considered those aged 5 -15. Under 4s are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hell's Gate Geothermal Reserve & Mud Spa
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.