2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Combine some of Rome’s best local foods with hidden history and culture on a walking tour of the city’s Testaccio quarter. This lively neighborhood is beloved by locals for its family-run delis, bakeries, street food, and more. Uncover Testaccio’s past in the atmospheric streets, and enjoy five food stops to sample local specialities (own expense). Explore Testaccio food market and see the ancient Pyramid of Cestia, Artists (Protestant) Cemetery, and other sights on route.
- Food, market, and history walking tour of Rome’s Testaccio neighborhood
- Learn about Testaccio’s past, culture, and authentic foods
- Make five food stops at local eateries and chat to vendors at the open-air market
- Enjoy eight samples of local delicacies and a wine tasting (own expense)
- See the ancient Roman Pyramid of Cestia, the Artists’ (Protestant) Cemetery, and more
Saved to wishlist!
Taylor made tour
3 hours walking tour
Hotel pick up/drop off
Departure & Return
Via Raffaele Persichetti, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Via Marmorata, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code: comfortable clothing and shoes
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, approximately 1.5 kilometers
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Raphael Tours & Events
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Testaccio Street Food and Market Plus Roman Pyramid Tour in Rome?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Testaccio Street Food and Market Plus Roman Pyramid Tour in Rome?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Still Have Questions?
Product code: 20455P130
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursWalking ToursStreet Food Tours Historical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifePrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeFood Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoStreet Food Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoFood Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaStreet Food Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaFood Tours - AssisiWalking Tours - AssisiStreet Food Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiCategory
Great Synagogue of Rome (Tempio Maggiore di Roma)Basilica of Santi Quattro Coronati (Basilica dei Santi Quattro Coronati)Rome Via del CorsoCapitoline Hill and Museums (Campidoglio e Musei Capitolini)Palazzo AltempsSan Carlo ai Catinari Church (Chiesa di San Carlo ai Catinari)Madama Palace (Palazzo Madama)Trajan's ColumnBasilica of Saint Mary in Cosmedin (Basilica di Santa Maria in Cosmedin)Barberini Palace (Palazzo Barberini)Foro ItalicoDomus Romane of Palazzo Valentini (Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini)Welcome to RomeForum Boarium (Foro Boario)Quartiere CoppedèGladiator MuseumEtruscan Necropolises of Cerveteri and Tarquinia (Necropoli Etrusche di Cerveteri e Tarquinia) Trevi Fountain (Fontana di Trevi)Temple of Caesar (Tempio di Cesare)Silvano Toti Globe Theatre