- Full-day trip from Rome to Tuscany’s beautiful wine country
- Visit the beautiful hilltop towns of Montepulciano, Bagno Vignoni and Pienza with a knowledgable Driver-tour escort (a driver-tour escort drives and guides our guests) and visit a renowned winery in Montalcino wine area
- Savor prestigious wines including Vino di Nobile and Brunello di Montepulciano in a selected winery in Montalcino area
- Small-group tour with numbers limited to eight people per minivan
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
The first stop is the hilltop medieval town of Montepulciano, known for its acclaimed wine Vino di Nobile and Rosso di Montepulciano. Walk the narrow cobbled lanes of the town, as your guide points out intriguing aspects along the way. Then descend into a wine cellar to sample some of the goods. Formerly used as a tomb by the pre-Roman Etruscans, the wine cellar is an ambient venue in which to sample some locally made vino.
Next head to the charming medieval village of Bagno Vignoni, located on a hill surrounded by the Valley Orcia river and famous also for its thermal waters used since Roman times - the village is built around its central 'piazza of water', a huge pool of thermal water. Spend some time walking around this beautiful and unique village and capture the vibrant atmosphere of the place.
After, continue on to Montalcino wine area, 25 miles (40 kilometers) away. Enjoy the extreme Tuscan views of the villa-topped hills and vineyards during the drive. Take a tour of a well-known winery and learn about its winemaking techniques.
The last stop on the tour is the UNESCO World Heritage-lised town of Pienza. Stroll the streets as the guide explains how 14th-century Pope Pius II designed the unique layout of the town. Pop into a local cheese factory and sample some of Pienza's famous pecorino cheese.
When the time comes, hop back in the minivan for the ride back to your hotel in Rome.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Appropriate dress is required to enter some sites - knees and shoulders must be covered
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking (children who are under 36 kg/97 pounds or 150 cm/4ft 9 in,must use proper child restraints). We reserve the right to refuse infants or children if we are not notified at the time of the booking and if the car seats brought do not comply with requirements by Italian law.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The tour includes pick up from your centrally located hotel in Rome. If you stay outside the city center (outside the Aurelian walls) there will be a central meeting place in Piazza Barberini in front of the Barberini Cinema – Please arrive at the central pick up point at 7am and pick up will be between 7:00am and 7:15am
- All passengers pay the same rate irrespectively from their age
- Most travelers can participate
- Beginning Friday 6 August 2021 and until further notice, access to museums, galleries and all related tourist venues as well as indoor bars and restaurants, will be permitted only to those in possession of a Green COVID-19 Certification (Green Pass or equivalent certificate). Please remember to also bring your ID or passport to confirm your identity. This doesn’t apply to children less than 12 years old.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Avventure Bellissime
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Stop at Pienza, a nice town with great views of Tuscany and wonderful shops" See review