Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day combo tour of Rome’s ancient and artistic highlights
- Imagine a world of gladiators and emperors at the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Admire the Baroque side of Rome at Piazza Navona
- See the Sistine Chapel, St Peter’s Square and masterpieces of the Vatican Museums
- Leisure time for lunch midday
- Beat the crowds with skip-the-line access
- Choose from a private or semi-private tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointProvince of Rome, Province of Rome, Lazio
Meeting point: Metro STOP Colosseum, in front of the Newsstand meet the guide with the "Once in Rome" sign. To get to the meeting point you can use the metro or by bus: any bus going to the Colosseum, from the Vatican and Termini you can catch bus 64, if you are coming from Trastevere hop on the tram number 8 until the last stop (Piazza Venezia), stop at Piazza Venezia and walk between the big white monument (Vittoriano) and the ruins of ancient Rome, you'll see a straight street called Via dei Fori Imperiali, walk down the street of the Imperial Fora until you reach the colosseum, opposite the colosseum there is the metro stop, the news stand is right beside it. if you prefer catching another bus to go to the Colosseum then watching the big white monument at Piazza Venezia called Vittoriano, look on the right, there is a big brown palace, with a balcony on the first floor with two flags, right under it there is a bus stop, catch a bus that takes you to the colosseum (2/3 stops) (per ex. bus n. 80, 87, 117). By taxi: the taxi driver will not stop exactly at the meeting point. If your taxi driver stopped close to a triumphal arch then walk between the arch and the colosseum until you see a large (Rome standards) street, you should walk around about half the Colosseum, cross the street to go the the metro stop, right beside the metro there is a news stand, your guide will be waiting for you there with a 'Once in Rome' sign. If our taxi driver takes you to a terrace overlooking at the Colosseum, look for the Metro sign (a red box with a white M) and go down the stairs, turn right when you can after the stairs and you'll see the Colosseum, you are at the Metro entrance, turn right and you'll see a news stand, where your guide will be meeting you. this tour has approx 2 hours break lunch time, it start at 8:30 AM and finishes at 17:00 PM Mondays to Saturdays
Return DetailsSaint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Semi Private Operated by English speaking guide
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 38 travelers
- OPERATED BY Once in Rome Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience