- Ghost and mystery walking tour of Rome
- Explore Italy’s ancient capital under the cover of darkness
- Discover top attractions such as Castel Sant'Angelo, Palazzo Farnese and Ponte Sisto illuminated at night
- Wander down winding alleyways with an expert guide and hear terrifying tales of myth and legend
- Learn of the Corte Savella Prison, where late-Renaissance noblewoman Beatrice Cenci was unfairly put to death in the 16th century
- Take an alternative nocturnal view of Rome's major sites on this entertaining evening tour
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Walk along Corso Vittorio to Campo de’ Fiori, an ancient square that has been a lively part of the city since the 1200s. While you soak up the chilling atmosphere of the square after dark, hear about the supernatural activity that has taken place here over the centuries. Then head across Piazza Farnese, passing by Palazzo Farnese, on your way to Ponte Sisto, a 15th-century bridge. Cross the Tiber River, walking toward the Church of Santa Maria dell’Orazione e Morte, and stop at the site of the ancient Corte Savella prison, where Beatrice Cenci, a noblewoman from the late Renaissance era, was sentenced to death for the murder of her father. Was it fair? Hear about her story and her ghost that still calls for justice.
Continue along Via dei Banchi Vecchi and Via del Banco di Santo Spirito to Castel Sant’Angelo, commissioned by Rome’s Emperor Hadrian in 123 AD as a mausoleum. The imposing structure has had many lives, from fortress to pope’s residence to prison, and as such, is shrouded in legends and mysteries.
Your tour ends here, where you are centrally placed to continue your night out in Rome on your own.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Rome by Night Walking Tour - Legends & Criminal Stories.
- "Don’t let the name of the tour discourage you if you aren’t into ghost tours!" See review