Are you interested in?
Macao Beach (Playa Macao) Tours
149 Tours & Activities
310 Tours & Activities
649 Tours & Activities
4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Drive a Macao Buggy over the Dominican Republic's back roads on this half-day tour from Punta Cana. Pass palm trees and tobacco plantations with views of the Oriental Mountain Range. Stop at a ranch for an introduction to local produce like cocoa, coffee, tobacco and Mamajuana (a Dominican aphrodisiac elixir) and green tea leaves. Continue to a subterranean cavern with a sunken swimming hole for a dip, then end the day at Macao Beach, enjoying the sun and sand.
- Pilot a dune buggy through the muddy Dominican countryside
- Visit Macao Beach for some relaxing in the sun and sand
- Learn about local produce like cocoa, coffee, tobacco and Mamajuana during a stop at a country ranch
- Cool off with a dip in a subterranean swimming hole
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels)
Use of Automatic Buggy
Food and drinks
Transport fee (select hotels only)
Departure & Return
Departure PointLa Altagracia Province, La Altagracia Province, Dominican Republic
Traveler pickup is offered
Morning and afternoon departure (7am - 8am & 1pm - 2pm). Departure time varies based on hotel location and will be confirmed after booking. Extra transport fees may apply to certain area hotels.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you bring clothes and shoes that you don't mind getting dirty or muddy.
- It is recommended that you bring a bandana or towel to cover your face, sunscreen, sunglasses, camera and cash
- All buggies have an automatic transmission so there's no need to shift.
- You need to be at least 21 years old to be a driver.There is no age restrictions on being a passenger.
- Pregnant women are not permitted on this tour.
- Be advised that there may be vendors at the Cave and on Macao Beach
- Extra transport fees may apply to certain area hotels. This is paid in cash on day of travel. Supplier will confirm if there is a fee after booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Caribbean Dream
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all 40
See all 40
- "Be prepared to get dirty, bring a scarf for face." See review
- "If you take any personal belongings with you such as a travel bag or a backpack, consider wrapping them in a plastic trashbag to prevent them from getting muddy." See review
- "Beware - might want to wear old clothes as getting muddy was what the kids enjoyed the most!" See review
Product code: 7196P5
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsExtremeHalf-day ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingPunta Cana4WD Tours - La RomanaSporting Events - La RomanaExtreme - La RomanaHalf-day Tours - La Romana4WD Tours - SamanáSporting Events - SamanáExtreme - SamanáHalf-day Tours - Samaná4WD Tours - Santo DomingoSporting Events - Santo DomingoExtreme - Santo DomingoHalf-day Tours - Santo DomingoCategory
Hoyo Azul LagoonJuanillo Beach (Playa Juanillo)Imagine Punta Cana DiscoIndigenous Eyes Ecological Park and Reserve (Parque Ojos Indigenas)Imagine Punta CanaLa Hacienda ParkFun Fun Cave (Cueva Fun Fun)La Cana Golf CourseCorales Golf CourseCasa Ponce de LeónCocotal Golf and Country ClubCoco Bongo Punta Cana