10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the remarkable Altos de Chavon and dig your toes in the sand of Saona Island during this full-day excursion from Punta Cana. Walk through Altos de Chavon, a recreation of a 16th-century Mediterranean village perched above the Chavon River and frequently used as a film set. Travel to Saona island aboard a catamaran to relax on the white sand beach fringed with coconut palm trees. Enjoy a barbecue lunch of typical Dominican fare and an open bar.
- Explore the recreated 16th-century Mediterranean village, Altos de Chavon
- Travel to Saona island aboard a catamaran to relax on the white sand beach fringed with coconut palm trees
- Enjoy a barbecue lunch of typical Dominican fare and an open bar
- Round-trip transportation from Punta Cana hotels is included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Buffet lunch (BBQ, salad and typical Dominican fare) Also vegetarian options
Unlimited beer and soft drinks (open bar)
30-40 minute stop at the biggest natural swimming pool
3-hours at Saona Island
Animation during the trip
DVD, Photos, and Souvenir ( Note that we are not responsible for any inconvenience with photos and souvenirs that you buy during the tour)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick starts at hotel main lobby, or specified meeting point if your are staying at an apartment or AirBnb, look for caribbean route at the pick up place.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Caribbean Route
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
How can I let you know where to pick me up?
A:We offer pick ups from most hotels. Let us know where you are staying in the 'Special Requirements' box in the Traveler Details section during checkout. Or you can let us know after booking by visiting 'Manage my Booking' and emailing us there.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during From Punta Cana: Saona Island & Altos de Chavon Day Trip with Lunch and Open Bar?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during From Punta Cana: Saona Island & Altos de Chavon Day Trip with Lunch and Open Bar?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during From Punta Cana: Saona Island & Altos de Chavon Day Trip with Lunch and Open Bar?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during From Punta Cana: Saona Island & Altos de Chavon Day Trip with Lunch and Open Bar?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Well organized, funny tour guides and fully worth it, Altos De Chavon is a must see!" See review
Compare Similar Experiences
From Punta Cana: Saona Island & Altos de Chavon Day Trip with Lunch and Open Bar
Explore Similar Things to Do
Catamaran Cruises Water ToursJet BoatingFull-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingPunta CanaCatamaran Cruises - La RomanaWater Tours - La RomanaJet Boating - La RomanaFull-day Tours - La RomanaCatamaran Cruises - SamanáWater Tours - SamanáJet Boating - SamanáFull-day Tours - SamanáCatamaran Cruises - Santo DomingoWater Tours - Santo DomingoJet Boating - Santo DomingoFull-day Tours - Santo DomingoCategory