Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Day trip to the Copalita archaeological site from Puerto Escondido
- See the Temple of the Snake, the Ball Game Court, and the Templo Mayor
- Explore the museum and learn about the local cultures (admission not included)
- Visit a beach and enjoy a relaxing swim and snorkel
- Take advantage of recommended meal options (own expense)
- Round-trip hotel transport from Puerto Escondido included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We can come for the visitors at any location around Puerto Escondido inside of this tourist destination
What To Expect
After morning pickup from Puerto Escondido, travel with your guide south along the Oaxaca coast and learn about the rural communities you pass along the away.
Need breakfast before you start sightseeing? You guide takes you to a place where you can purchase a regional dish of cheese, organic chicken eggs, quesadillas, beef jerky or sausage, hand-made fresh corn tortillas, and coffee.
Afterward, head to Copalita and enter the local museum (ticket not included). Here, gain insight into the 16 ethnic groups that exist in the state of Oaxaca, and gaze at various archaeological exhibits.
Head out to the eco-archaeological park and see the three pyramidal bases discovered so far: the Templo Mayor, the Ball Game Court, and the Temple of the Snake. During your stroll, soak up amazing views of the ocean and check out a Pre-hispanic lighthouse.
Next, follow your guide to a nearby beach and dig your toes in the sand or snorkel, as you like. If you still have time and energy, enjoy a seafood meal at Maguey beach or pick up Oaxacan handicrafts as souvenirs. You’ll be dropped off back in Puerto Escondido.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Excursiones Turisticas de Valfred
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Copalita Archaeological Site and Beach Break Day Trip from Puerto Escondido.