8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Escape the city in favor of Arouca Geopark, a natural wonderland home to the Paiva Walkways, on a full-day trip from Porto. In a small group limited to 15, you’ll follow a wooden walkway on a 5-mile (8-km) trail alongside the River Paiva. Upgrade your tour to revitalize with a Portuguese specialty in the small village of Alvarenga, sample pinguça, a local liquor and enjoy a regional lunch. Hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
- Full-day trip to Paiva Walkways and Alvarenga village from Porto
- Escape the city and reconnect with nature in Arouca Geopark
- Follow a wooden walkway on a 5-mile (8-km) trail alongside the River Paiva
- Upgrade to feast on a meat-based Portuguese speciality and sample local liquor in Alvarenga
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
Local guide (If option Selected)
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Typical Regional Lunch (if option selected)
Picnic lunch (if option selected)
Tasting of local liquor "Pinguça" (if option selected)
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from any location inside Porto! (hotels, hostels, Airbnb's, train stations, etc.)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (8Km)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Climbing up and down many stairs is involved
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Detours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Paiva Walkways and Alvarenga Small-Group from Porto?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Paiva Walkways and Alvarenga Small-Group from Porto?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Paiva Walkways and Alvarenga Small-Group from Porto?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Paiva Walkways and Alvarenga Small-Group from Porto
5 hours 5 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingDining ExperiencesWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingPortoHiking - Northern PortugalDining Experiences - Northern PortugalWalking Tours - Northern PortugalHiking - BragaDining Experiences - BragaWalking Tours - BragaHiking - Peso Da ReguaDining Experiences - Peso Da ReguaWalking Tours - Peso Da ReguaCategory
Museum of Our Lady of Mercy of Porto (Museu da Misericórdia do Porto) Tours & TicketsRua Santa Catarina Tours & TicketsSerralves Museum (Fundação de Serralves) Tours & TicketsSanto Inácio Zoo Tours & TicketsSEA LIFE® Porto Tours & TicketsPorto Bridge Climb Tours & TicketsAvenida dos Aliados Tours & TicketsCasa da Música Tours & TicketsLiberdade Square (Praça da Liberdade) Tours & TicketsDom Luis Bridge (Ponte de Dom Luis I) Tours & Tickets