11 to 12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover lava tube caves, old-growth forests, waterfalls, and more on a guided tour of Mt. St. Helens. The park’s vastness and variety of attractions can be overwhelming on your own, but by visiting with a guide you don’t miss any of the highlights. Plus, you can learn about the area’s geology, ecology, and history—much of which you might miss if visiting the park on your own.
- Explore Mt. St. Helens on a guided trip from Portland
- Lunch and headlamps (for exploring the cave) are provided so you don’t have to plan ahead
- Stop at top vistas, including an overlook of Mt. St. Helens (weather permitting)
- Enjoy convenient hotel pickup and drop-off in Portland
Saved to wishlist!
PA system to hear guide while driving
If weather does not allow mountain visibility, a modified itinerary will take you to bonus stops.
Professional naturalist guide
Hotel pickup/drop-off in Portland area
Hotel pickup/drop-off in Seattle area
Departure & Return
4841 SE 30th Ave, Portland, OR 97202, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, and the cave is 42F (5.5C). Please dress in layers.
- We recommend shoes that are suitable for minor rock climbing (i.e. scrambling/bouldering).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wear long pants, as there will be opportunities for crawling.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- OPERATED BY Terran Travels
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The Mt St Helens Adventure Tour from Portland?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during The Mt St Helens Adventure Tour from Portland?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during The Mt St Helens Adventure Tour from Portland?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The Mt St Helens Adventure Tour from Portland?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
The Mt St Helens Adventure Tour from Portland
11 to 12 hours
8 hours 30 minutes
13 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 35 minutes
8 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursHikingNature and WildlifeUnderground Tours Walking ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingPortlandShore Excursions - OregonBus Tours - OregonHiking - OregonNature and Wildlife - OregonUnderground Tours - OregonWalking Tours - OregonPorts of Call Tours - OregonFull-day Tours - OregonShore Excursions - SeattleBus Tours - SeattleHiking - SeattleNature and Wildlife - SeattleUnderground Tours - SeattleWalking Tours - SeattlePorts of Call Tours - SeattleFull-day Tours - SeattleShore Excursions - VancouverBus Tours - VancouverHiking - VancouverNature and Wildlife - VancouverUnderground Tours - VancouverWalking Tours - VancouverPorts of Call Tours - VancouverFull-day Tours - VancouverCategory
Latourell FallsPioneer SquareWahkeena FallsOregon Rail Heritage Center (ORHC)Oregon ZooPortland Steel BridgePortland ChinatownAlphabet DistrictLan Su Chinese GardenSouth Park BlocksNorth Mississippi AvenueThe GrottoWillamette ValleyPittock MansionMt. HoodPowell’s City of BooksPortland Japanese GardenOneonta GorgeForest ParkMt. Hood Railroad