Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Half-day, small-group, historical tour of Phnom Penh
- Hear personal stories of one of the darkest periods in Cambodia's history
- Visit Tuol Sleng Genocide Musuem
- See the Killing Fields and memorial stupa at Choeung Ek
- Try local Khmer snacks
Departure & Return
Front Entrance of National Museum of Phnom Penh
Drop off at centrally located hotels in Phnom Penh.
What To Expect
Confront Cambodia's tragic past, on a guided tour of the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, a former school which served as a Khmer Rouge torture centre. Then head out of the city to the Choueng Ek Memorial, where a pagoda made up of some 8,000 human skulls marks the site of one of the infamous Killing Fields.
Finish by sampling some interesting Khmer snacks and exploring how this recent history and politics continue to affect the lives of average Cambodian.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Small-group tour maximum 12 people per tour
- Please note: Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing, especially when visiting temples. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- For most of the year it is hot in Cambodia. Please keep hydrated and bring sunscreen and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- As the Delta variant of COVID-19 has proven to be highly transmissible and poses significant increased safety risk, effective September 1, 2021, travellers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures Cambodia
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Historical Phnom Penh Small-Group Tour, including Genocide Museum and Killing Fields.